Acid reflux is something that men and women do not want to experience. Although they both experience reflux, there are certain differences when it comes to the symptoms observed. Generally, acid reflux symptoms in women tend to be more obvious and alarming, particularly when they’re having their cycle and even more so if they’re pregnant. It is essential for anyone to learn more about this condition, to ensure that she’ll understand when it’s time for her to visit the doc.
The 6 Acid Reflux Symptoms In Women:
1. Heartburn – it is a condition which is normally experienced by both women and men which are suffering from acid reflux. On the other hand, most women usually feel it with a lot more pain compared to men. You should understand that you’re most likely dealing with acid reflux, when you are feeling a lot of pressure on the left side of your chest area. Aside from that, a burning sensation is also observed, which can be felt on your stomach, the lower part of your chest, and in your throat.
2. Nausea – Nausea is usually felt by women who suffer from acid reflux, particularly if they’re pregnant. This may also be caused by severe heartburn, especially if you are unable to treat it right away. Nausea is solely described as becoming dizzy, and also the predisposition to throw-up and/or vomit.
3. Vomiting – When there is severe heartburn and you’re not able to address the condition properly, it can lead to nausea and even to vomiting. This is caused due to the fact that your stomach is pushing the food that you ate back to your esophagus and to your mouth.
4. Dysphagia – This is characterized by the difficulty in swallowing the food that you eat. Many women experience this, and it is still caused by the fact that your stomach is trying to push back its content back up to your esophagus.
5. Coughing – The heightened level of acidity in your stomach when you have acid reflux can cause you to cough. This is actually one of the signs that would confirm that you have acid reflux, certainly if you should not be experiencing any other ailments that would make you cough.
6. Sore Throat – As what has been mentioned time and again, acid reflux can cause you to feel pain in your stomach, and even in your chest. Which is a result of the high levels of acid inside your stomach; and, once the gastric acid gets to your throat than you certainly will feel a sore throat.
The acid reflux symptoms in women which are pointed out on top hopefully provided you with the symptoms that tells you that you’re most likely suffering from this condition. Therefore, it is best for you to take note of them, so that you’ll be able to seek medical help as soon as possible, preventing it from getting worse.